Cats/my cat

Question
weve had our male cat olly since he was a baby, hes 2 and a 1/2 now (neutered) and we wanted to get a kitten for him to play with because since we moved house from the country he seems a bit bored and depressed and clingier than he used to be.
im just worried that rather than seeing a kitten as company he would resent it and believe me he could seriously hurt a kitten hes absolutely huge lol if you could give me any advice it would be great thanks =]

Answer
Hi
your right another cat for company doesn't always work out as it does all depend if he is used to other animals or not. If not then he might see them as a rival and trouble could ensue. If you did get another cat always make sure that they are of the opposite sex as this is less of a threat.

Your cat must be missing the country and as you say is now bored. Try and make his home environment more stimulating by giving him more toys, things to climb on and interact with, scratching posts etc. Also spend a little time with him every day by playing a game with him, this will help him to settle. See my links at the bottom which might give you some ideas for things to keep him occupied.

best wishes in your new home and i hope Olly settles in soon.

Kate
/cat-toys.html
/cat-trees.html

Cats

Kate Tilmouth