Cats/cat problem

hi Kate
I have a cat who is about 1 year old.
I was wondering what would happen if she is reunited with her mother.
I know the mother because she is my aunties cat.
Her mother is very friendly if that helps.
What will happen if they are reunited.

Unfortunately it will make no difference to your cats if they are related or not they don't have the same sentimentalities as us humans. In fact it all depends on how used to just having other cats around during their life. For instance a cat that from a very young age has been used to having other animals around will not react as strongly as a cat that hasn't been.
Basically the cast will see each other as a possible territory threat, however how strong this reaction will be will depend on what i have said about them being used to other cats.
If you are lucky all that may happen is some little spats and hissing before they get used to each other. Other wise you may have to go through the whole introducing cats to each other procedure (see my link to my site about this)
I hope everything works out fine for you all and thank you for contacting me. I have lots of useful cat information on my site and welcome new visitors.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.