Cats/needy cat

Our persian (mixed) was spaded aprox. one week ago and its been hell ever since. She ranges to meawing alot, fussy about her food,pawing when I hold her,seems to want constant attention. Is this just being spoiled or can we expect her to come out of this.What can I do? Thanks  Janet

well every cat i have ever had once home from an operation as always been a little more needy for a week or so. i think they are just feeling a little sorry for themselves and perhaps a little scared and uncomfortable (as we all may be) and is seeking reassurance and comfort more than usual.
I would think that as time goes on she will return to her usual self, i wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure she continues to eat, drink and use the litter tray to make sure that she is healthy. If not then take her back to the vets in case she has an infection etc.

I hope everything settles down again soon for you all
best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.