Cats/pregnant cat

Question
i believe my cat is almost ready to give birth. she is much larger than usual and her nipples have gotten larger and pinker... she has exdtremely bad gas, im not sure if this is normal. she is very affectionate, and very vocal. she meows for hours on end if you dont pay attention to her.. is there any way to tell exactly how far along she is? I have felt kittens move only a few times. Also, her vagina is kind of turning a dark blackish color. is this normal?

Answer
Hi
no it is very difficult to know exactly when a cat is going to give birth although the extra affectionate signs is often an indicator that she is ready to give birth. It is best not to feel for the kittens as it is very easy to damage them inside and only a vet will know how and what to feel. I'm not sure about the gas, this may be just something particular to your cat.

My web page about pregnancy will give you some more information
/cat-in-heat.html

Best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth