Cats/pregnant cat

i believe my cat is almost ready to give birth. she is much larger than usual and her nipples have gotten larger and pinker... she has exdtremely bad gas, im not sure if this is normal. she is very affectionate, and very vocal. she meows for hours on end if you dont pay attention to her.. is there any way to tell exactly how far along she is? I have felt kittens move only a few times. Also, her vagina is kind of turning a dark blackish color. is this normal?

no it is very difficult to know exactly when a cat is going to give birth although the extra affectionate signs is often an indicator that she is ready to give birth. It is best not to feel for the kittens as it is very easy to damage them inside and only a vet will know how and what to feel. I'm not sure about the gas, this may be just something particular to your cat.

My web page about pregnancy will give you some more information

Best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.