Cats/strange wieghtloss

i have a black and white manx cat that seems to have lost weight, i was petting her recently and i noticed that her bones seemed to stick out far more and her stomach was taught. my other three cats seem to be just fine. one cat is rather young and when we first got him we had to put the cats on kitten food. since then we changed to a general food approved for all ages. all the older cats lost some weight but leveled off. my manx however seems to have lost quite a bit more. what should i do?

in cases like this i always like to recommend that you have the cat checked in case their is a medical problem. Thyroid problems are quite common and weight loss is a classic sign. If your cat is eating the same amount and type of food as the other cats but losing weight, the food is not the problem.
I hope everything is fine and that your vet can recommend something for your cat.

Best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.