Cats/Cat breeding

Question
My female cat may be pregnant to her son who is almost 6 months old.  She has been fighting with him and not wanting to be near him so I'm not 100% sure that this occurred, but if it did, what is your advice?  Should I have my vet abort the litter?  I plan to get both of them altered in the very near future.  Thanks.

Answer
Hi
it is not a good thing to have kitten so closely related as you know. To be honest with you your vet is the only one who will be able to advise on this situation as well as be able to confirm that she is pregnant or not.

At 6 months old the male kitten could be sexually active but hopefully your female cat would have shunned him away so lets hope that she is not pregnant. You will have to keep them apart though until you do have them fixed.

Best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth