Cats/Cat weight

Question
I have a cat aged 11. She is a small indoor cat and only weighs 7 lbs she is happy and lively. is she under weight. she has never been fat. but i can feel ribs

Answer
Hi
she sounds like my little cat. All i can say is that you should not be able to feel ribs that easily and you definitely not be able to see them.
My cat is 14 and started to lose weight even though she ate and ate, i took her to the vets and he took some blood, it turned out that she had a thyroid problem. She has now had her thyroid removed and she is now on the mend and putting weight back on.
If your cat is eating normally but still losing weight, it really is advisable to get her checked out, to be on the safe side.

best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth