Cats/Kittens in Heat??

I have two kittens, one female one male, about seven months old. And, I believe that that the female is in heat. And the male is reacting to that. Can he get her pregnant at that age?

yes cats reach sexual maturity between4 and 6 months old so yes it is possible that they could mate. I would keep them apart until you are able to have them fixed (if that is what you are going to do).

I have included my pages about these subjects for your information.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.