Cats/MOMMY CAT

Question
MY CAT HAVE 4 KITTENS I SOLD 2 OF THEM, MY CAT WAS VERY SAD OR MAYBE I WAS,  I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS SHE FELLING LIKE A HUMAN MOM THAT LOST HER CHILD, COULD SHE HAVE PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS

Answer
Hi
i hope the kittens were not younger than 3 months old when you sold them as this will harm both the mother cat and the kittens. If a kitten is taken away from their mother too early they will not have learnt many of the vital lessons a mother cat has to teach them like litter training, fighting, hunting, playing gently and lots of other socialization. the mother cat will also feel a sense of loss if they were taken away too soon.

However after three months it is normal in nature for the mother cat to push her kittens away so that her territory does not become too crowded when the next lot of kittens come along. this is in the wild or course a domesticated cat does not need to keep having kittens and so should be spayed as soon as possible. When this happens having a few of her kittens around will be exceptable to her.

Cats and humans have very different feelings about this kind of thing, humans are ruled by our emotions, cats are ruled by instinct.

Best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth