Cats/Pregnant cat

Hi my 9 month old cat is pregnant with her first litter and my vet says she was due about a week ago. She is half siamese and half short haired american; she and my male cat mated several times so I'm assuming it will be a larger litter. I am becoming a little worried because NOTHING has happened at all; she hasnt even searched for a nesting place even though I set out several areas throughout the house I was also wondering if this far in her pregnancy is it normal to not see/feel any kitten movement. I havent seen ANYTHING and I wonder if this is normal or if something may be wrong with these kitties. Thanks so much

i am not a vet and so can not give a medical opinion. As long as your cat is still eating ok and doesn't seem to be in distress then i wouldn't worry too much. I am sure that a week or so either side of her due date is not unusual.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.