Cats/birthing

Question
Hi Kate,
I'm in a bit of a state at the moment as my young cat has just delivered a very healthy kitten, however, it is not a good 7 hours gone and there is still no sign of any of the others.  She isn't contracting and seems quite alert and is taking care of the little one, but the unborn kittens do not seem to be as active as they were this morning and I'm a bit concerned that they may be experiencing difficulties.  I have called a vet but they have just suggested I wait until morning and then pay them 300 for a C-Section - No help to me now I'm afraid!
Any advise GREATLY appreciated

Answer
Hi
it is possible that her labor will stretch over quite a long period of time.
As long as she is not in any obvious distress then i think the vet could be right in waiting until morning. However i don't think a vet should just recommend a c section, perhaps if nothing has happened by morning is it possible to take your cat to another vet for an examination and a second opinion.

i hope everything works out ok for you and your cat

best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth