Cats/How to get my cat and dog to get along

I have 2 questions, My Cat Dream pee's on the floor alot and she is female plus she was fixed. I have to give her back to the pet store for that reason. Do you know why she does that? My other question is how can I get my cat and dog to get along? My cat is almost 2 and my dog is a doberman so I just dont know how this will work..HELP ME!

well the two questions could be related. The reason why your cat pees everywhere could be because of the dog. If she feels insecure in her home environement then the peeing is her way of trying to make her home feel and smell like her own this will make her feel more secure. Secondly there are no garantees that you can amke a cat and dog get on, it depends if the animals were brought up with other animals when they were small. If not then it will be hard for them to accept other animals.

My best advice is for your to read my age about introducing cats togeather, it is the same advice for a dog and cat. If you follow the advice carefully and slowly it may be possible to at least get the two animals to accept each other, this may also help your cat with her peeing. You can also try my advice on my page about litter training a cat.
Here are the two links

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.