Cats/cat urinates on furniture

I love my cat very much,she is 2 years old, she pees and poops on our leather couches, chairs, fabric chairs pillows, beds, what is wrong with her?  she has been doing this ever since she was a kitten and I cant tell you how much furniture we have replaced!!!!  The last straw is she peed on our temperpedic bed, cant afford to buy another one!!! what can we do???  We also have two small dogs, first came dog then cat then dog.  Please help...........el

this is normal behavior for a cat who is feeling stressed in their environement and is trying to make the home environemnet smell like themselves as this helps to calm them down and makes them feel that they have their own territory. Also i don't know if she is spayed or not if not then this can also cusae her stress and frustration.

I also don't know how you introduced the animals to each other, if it has not been done in a certain way then it can be a very uncomfortable situation for all the animals.

My best advice is for you to read my pages about cat litter tray trianing and introducing cats (same for dogs) pages, plus my page about urinaion problems. It will provide you with lots of information which could help you to find a way to make your cat and other animals feel secure togeather. Here are my pages

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.