Cats/my cats pregnancy

My cat has been pregnant for a while now and I have no idea about when her mating period was or anything.  I first noticed she was pregnant when she got really fat and her nipple started to swell.  How could I tell how many weeks she is pregnant? Because I would like to be prepared for it.

only a vet can tell how far along in her pregnancy. It is dangerous for a non professional to try and feel for the kittens. Don't worry about being prepared for the birth your cat will be able to do everything herself, just make sure that she has somewhere secluded and warm to have her kittens. She my link regarding pregnancy.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.