Cats/coming into heat?

i have found a stray kitten it looks to be about 4 to 5 months old and ,it is healthy  ,we have had it for 5weeks now , but the question that i would like to ask is she has been meowing all the time when she looks at you and when she is by herself or when she looks out of the window but she doesnt doit when she is being nursed or when she is asleep i have never had a female cat at present i have a 12yr old male cat that is tolerating the teasing she is giving him so could you tell me if she is coming into season

well yes she could be coming into season and that may be the cause of her meowing. The other answer is that she has what is known as separate anxiety. This doesn't just mean that they get upset when they are left alone, it also means that they are only happy when they have your undivided attention.

I have written a page about this here /cat-social-behavior.html

If you are going to get her spayed then i would recommend that you have it done soon. this will stop your cat becoming frustrated and also possible stop some destructive behavior some cats display.

Best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.