Cats/moving home

Hi i am also moving home my cat adopted me i have him for 4 years he has a mind of his own and would stay out all day and night if i let him is it true that if i put butter on his feet he settle more and return home

when you move home you should keep him in the house for a couple of weeks so that your cat gets used to his new home and can leave his scent around the home.

I don't think the butter thing would work particularly well.

I have written a page about moving with your cat here
I hope it will provide you with some useful information for your move.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.