Cats/i have a problem with my cat.......

I don't know what is happening to my cat because she/he doesn't eat a lot I am feeding her left overs.she/he is always sleeping everyday for about 12-16 hours a day and she/he always having a like a sand when you wake up in the morning and she is having that only in her/his left eye and i dont know why...we have 3 dogs 2 of the dogs is still a puppy do you think it must be the dog?i don't know my cat is friends with my dog and also to my guineapigs...I dont also the sex of my cat....because i just adopted her in a street when she was little.I coudn't bring her/he to the vet so i am loooking for a website that i can ask a question like this website....I wait for you answer .

HI Ramano
first of all it is not good for your cat to eat leftovers, they will need a properly balanced diet which includes all their nutritional requiements, see my page /cat-food.html which will let you know what food they need. Your cat will get sick if they do not eat properly.

It is easy to see if you have a male or female cat, look at the back end and see if you can see any tesitcles.

It does sound like your cat may have an eye infection which is what the stuff in her eyes is. You really do need to take your cat to the vets for a checkup.

Cats do sleep a lot that is not unual.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.