Cats/2 week old kitten's eyes

My cat had a litter of four. The kittens are 2 weeks old and all have their eyes open except one--it has one eye open and one eye very partially opened. I've patted it with a warm soft cloth a couple times but it still isn't opened all the way. Should I start worrying yet?

I think if one eye is open and the other is not then i would say that there be something wrong. However as long as the kitten is not in any obvious distress then i would leave it another day or so. After that if there is no change then i would take them to the vets, just to be on the safe side. You never know he may be the runt of the litter and is a little weaker and slower than the others.

Best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.