Cats/My 7 month kitten

My kitten keeps wetting on the floor next to the litter box. The litterbox is kept clean and she does poop in the box why would she keep wetting on the floor.

Also how do you get the urine smell out. I have tried all kinds of urine elliminator and it does not work.

Hi sounds like the kitten just isn't too sure what to do. Was she kept with her mother for long enough? Usually kittens learn how to use a litter tray from their mothers.

The other option is that either the actual litter is too harsh for the kittens feet or that it's texture is just not pleasnt. Cats do seem to have a preference for te type of litter they use, it feels different under foot or smells different. Try a different litter.

Is the litter tray to high for the kitten to easily get in and out of, sometimes if it too difficult they will just go nearby.

See my page about the different sorts of litter available.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.