Cats/My 7 month kitten

Question
My kitten keeps wetting on the floor next to the litter box. The litterbox is kept clean and she does poop in the box why would she keep wetting on the floor.

Also how do you get the urine smell out. I have tried all kinds of urine elliminator and it does not work.

Answer
Hi sounds like the kitten just isn't too sure what to do. Was she kept with her mother for long enough? Usually kittens learn how to use a litter tray from their mothers.

The other option is that either the actual litter is too harsh for the kittens feet or that it's texture is just not pleasnt. Cats do seem to have a preference for te type of litter they use, it feels different under foot or smells different. Try a different litter.

Is the litter tray to high for the kitten to easily get in and out of, sometimes if it too difficult they will just go nearby.

See my page about the different sorts of litter available.
/cat-litter.html

best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth