Cats/Death of One of the Twins

Question
One of my daughters twin cats was run over this morning. We rushed him to the emergency room only to learn that he could not be saved. My question is...Will his twin brother Riley mourn his loss? They did everything together. They have never been apart since birth (1 year ago).
This is devastating to our family and wondered if the surviving cat will mourn...your help is greatly appreciated...

Answer
Hi
i am so sorry for your loss.

I belive cats do mourn for other pets but how they do it can vary greatly. I wrote an article about it here which might help http://ezinearticles.com/?Do-Cats-Grieve-For-Their-Feline-Friends?&id=708972

Also it is hard for us owners to except the loss of a loved pet and we should always give ourselves time to grieve. Please see my website pages about the loss of a pet, sometimes it can help to read about how others have coped. you may even want to add your pets photo and name as a remembrance, sometimes it can help. here are those pages /pet-loss.html

Once again i am sorry for your sudden loss.

Best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth