Cats/till born kitten

In the early hours of the morning my cat gave birth to a stillborn kitten . She will not leave the kitten and has had no more . She is not eating but seems happy enough . What do you think I should do . Could se have just been pregnant with one kitten ? She has had 2 litters before each with four kittens ?

I am not that much of an expert when it comes to this I'm afraid. I would say that it would be unusual for her to only have one kitten and so i suspect that their will be others who will follow. if nothing happens then it may be advisable to take her to the vets as soon as you can to make sure nothing else is wrong.

Best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.