Cats/cat

Question
QUESTION: we went a way over Easter weekend my cat has disappeared in that time have has poss sightings of him he is neutered why do they do that

ANSWER: Hi
cats are essentially wild animals at heart and still have all their original instincts for hunting, marking territory and just general cat stuff. Your absence might have scared him and he may have wandered off to go and mark his territory to help him feel more secure in his environment. this is not unusual behavior and as long as he can get back ie not locked in a garage or something, I'm sure once he realizes that you are back that he will return.

My sisters cat does this from time to time and on one particular occasion he was away for nine days but still returned in the end.

best wishes
Kate
http://www.our-happy-cat.com

QUESTION: HOW LONG SHOULD I TAKE IT THAT HE WONT BE BACK AND IS IT USUAL FOR A NEUTERED TO DO THIS

Answer
Hi
I'm afraid you are asking an impossible question. he may come back tomorrow or in three weeks if at all. Every cat is diffferent, theres no way of telling.
What about putting some signs up in your neighbourhood in case someone has seen him.

Yes neutered cats can do this too if they feel like it.

Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth