Cats/is my cat pregnant?

Question
my cat is 8 months old and goes out side a lot she is starting to get pink nipples and the are sticking out. she is also getting fatter. this is my first experience with cats and i really want to know if she is pregnant!

Answer
Hi
cats only start to show that they are pregnant in the last few weeks of their pregnancy. but from the sounds of it the signs do indicate that she is not long from having kittens. Only a vet can truly tell if a cat is pregnant and when they are likely to be born.

my best advice is for you to read my page here /cat-in-heat.html about cat pregnancy and what is involved. it may also be a good idea to read my kitten page here /kitten-care.html as the first seven weeks of kitten care is very important for the cats future behavior.

best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth