Cats/my cat is pregnant

my cat is pregnant there is a light pink coming from here area and she is meowing a lot. she also dont like having the dog around. how long do you think it will take before she has her babies?

Hi Alesia
Unfortunately this is an impossible to question to answer. just like in human mothers labor can be a long process.

the symptoms does sound like she is getting ready to have them fairly soon though. Don't worry she will be ok getting on with it herself. All you have to do is make sure that she is not disturbed while she is in labor and not to interfere to much, a gentle word here and there is all that is needed. keep an eye on her for any complications but in general most cat births are trouble free.

Best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.