Cats/cats

Question
i have 2 cats and one had a litter 4 weeks ago but recently i think my other cat has fallen pregnant as her belly is getting very big, but i cant feel any movement as i did with the other could my cat be having a phantom pregnancy?. haveing the kittens isnt a problem as i would make sure they all go to good home and my cats would be getting nuterd as soon as they stop feeding.

Answer
Hi
it is unusual to tell if a cat falls pregnant as their belly will normally only start to show signs in the last few weeks of the pregnancy. It is also quite dangerous to feel for the kittens as it is very easy to damage the fetuses and only  a vet should try this.

It either sounds like your cat is just about to have kittens in the next few weeks or she has some other medical condition that is causing her belly to swell. in either case it is important to have her checked out as soon as possible by a vet.

Best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth