I've always wanted to know if cats can have carrots... my cat eats carrots with me all the time and my friends (who have cats) say that it is weird cause their cats don't.

a lot of cat food these days now contains some vegetable and it is indeed important for them to get nutrients from vegetables. So if your cat likes carrots thats ok just as long as they are also eating their own balanced food as well. My own cat loves peas and she will always eat the ones i leave on my plate.

Just make sure that they do not eat to much, other wise it can affect their weight.

Here are my web pages about cat diets etc.

Best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.