Cats/our cats first litter

tonight we stumbles across our cat  delivering to a litter at our door we believe that it was the first now there is only 3  is their a possibility of having a first litter of three or could their be more and we just don't know it?

the size of a litter can vary greatly from just one to 6 or 7. There is no real way for you to know if their any more inside of her, if she has given birth ok on her own with this 3 then i would suggest that that is all there is. I wouldn't worry too much, even first time mums are very good at knowing what to do, let her get on with it and just be there for her.

It may help for you to read my web pages about kitten care here

Best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.