Cats/5 week old kitten

I feel pretty bad, I was walking down the hall and one of the kittens sprung into action and I accidentally stepped on him. He pooped for a while, no blood, didn't feel no broken bones. He walks very slowly and wants to sleep a bit more than his littermates. After a while, he ate a little but did not drink water. Should I take him to the vet or let him rest? Please help!

i would definately take him to the vets as he may have some internal injuries which are nor apparent. It really is best to get them checked out by a vet.

Stepping on a kitten must happen all the time and you shouldn't blame yourself it was an accident and lets hope all is well and that he just a little stressed.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.