Cats/Bengal kitten

my kitten is 13 weeks old and we have had him for about 10 days, he has settled in really well but he still hides all day under the sofa when we are at work. he doesnt even come out for food and water.  how can we make him feel safe in the house alone?

poor little guy, he must just be a little more nervous than some other cats. my best advice is for you to see my web pages about nervous cats and also how to bong with your cat to boost their confidence. Here are my pages, i hope they can be of some help.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.