Cats/Clumping cat litter doesn't clump

Question
Hi, I have 2 cats both 9 yrs old.  Recently I've noticed that their clumping cat litter doesn't clump.  I haven't changed brands (MAXX Scoop clumping formula) and the cats seem healthy and fine.  I do not see anything odd in their stool or noticed anything else strange. Is it possible that something has changed about their urine (sick?) that the litter won't clump?

Answer
Hi
it is very unlikely that the reason for the litter not clumping has anything to do with the cats. Clumping litter should clump with the contact with any moisture, so the fact that is not clumping means that there is soething wrong with the litter itself. It may be a duff batch or is very old etc. I would change your supplier for a while or change brands.

Best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth