Cats/Introducing an older cat to a household with a younger cat

Question
Hi, I have a tom who is just over a year old and has been neutered. My dad who is moving abroad has an 8 yr old female cat, who has also been neutered, and now needs me to have her live with us. I'm a bit worried about how either of them will get on, as neither of them come from a home with other cats, although my dad's cat comes from a home with a dog. Could you advise me best how to do this initial meeting? Any advice would be brilliant :) The other thing is that my dad's dog will be coming to live with us eventually too, I'm a bit worried about how this will effect my little tom. Two strangers coming into his home... will he be ok or do I need to re-think things?

I look forward to your reply...

Jo

Answer
Hi
there are no garntees that the animals will get along all you can do is to make the intial meetings and time spent together as non stressful as possible to give the best chance of getting along. the method for doing this is found on my web pages here /introducing-cats.html

Best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth