Cats/My cat is acting weird, sick/calling for attention?

As the title goes, my cat Shiloh is like crawling around on the floor with her front paws tucked and her back feet pushing her forward on her belly. Why this behaviour? We supply her with lots of attention and even more when she does this and she wont stop. At first, we thought that its her way of playing or something but then we noticed her tail. It would curve to one side of her bum and sort of vibrate like its straining or something. She would let out soft meows and that brings me to think that she is in pain. So..any idea why she's doing this? We took her out to the vet today but they were closed. We'll bring her there again tomorrow. Is it somthing that would need immediate attention?

you are doing the best thing possible for your cat by taking her to the vet as soon as possible. I am not a vet and cannot suggest what it may be. If her behavior gets worse before you can get her to your usual vets, find out if there is a emergency animal surgery in your area that you could take her to.

I hope she will be ok

Best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.