Cats/my cat keeps hissing at me

Question
since last week my cat has been hissing at me and growling, I was petting her noticed she is shedding so I starting brushing her and as is growling as I am petting her and smacked me with her paw , I also notice she has like a dandruff on her. I have never had a problem before. I will be visiting the vet this week. She is about 14 years old and is not the friendliest cat, but she wont let me pet her . I have another cat my boy cat she keeps hissing at him to. Any recommendations? They are both inside cats and never had a problem like this before?

P_B

Answer
Hi
it may be that the fur has become a little matted near the skin and is painful when touched etc and this is causing the cat to react this way. or there may be some skin problem which is uncomfortable. So taking your cat to the vet to get it looked at will be the best solution, so that you can rule out any ill health that may be affecting your cats behavior.

i hope all is well

best wishes
Kate
/cat-hair-loss.html

Cats

Kate Tilmouth