Cats/cat pee-pee

Question
Hi Kate

HOW TO TELL IF CAT HAS A UTI?
MY CAT PEED ON MY SIDE OF BED.
SHE IS FIXED 1YR.OLD AND MY CAT
SHE IS THE BEST GIRL IN THE WORLD.
I GOT HER FROM A SHELTER SHE WAS THERE A STRAY.
FOR ALMOST 11 MONTHS.TANNER DOES USE THE LITTER BOX.
I HAVE BEEN TO THE HOSPITAL FOR 3 WEEKS.
HOME NOW. SO IF YOU KATE COULD HELP MYSELF AND TANNER
FIX THIS PROMBLE.

THANK YOU KATE
P.S. I AM GLAD THIS SITE IS HERE.
      LOL GLORIA

Answer
Hi
a cat urinating outside of its litter tray can have many causes, too many for me to list here but i have written a whole web page about it so that you can understand the various causes and may be able to help your cat here is the link to that page /cat-urine.html

Regarding UTI usually one of the symptoms is going to the toilet more often i also have a page about this as well for your info /cat-urinary-problems.html

Please read my pages as it is important that you understand all the various possible causes of the problem. It may simple be that because you have been in hospital for three weeks that your cat has become a little unsettled and stressed with the changes etc, this can also be the case as the cat urinates in the house to make it smell more like them and this helps to reassure them. if this is the case then hopefully as things return to normal in the home she will not feel the need to do this.

Best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth