Cats/cats health

My cat has started to pull out her fur in clumps,does this mean she has a health problem? Thanks Sandra.

Hi this sort of behaviour can be caused by stress or an allergy or even skin mites. It really is best to seek a vets opnion as theskin needs to me looked at closly for signs of parasites etc.

Please see my web page about cat fur and skin problems for your info.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.