Cats/new apartment 3 cats

My girlfriend and I are moving into a new apartment.  She has 2 adult cats (14 and 6) and I have 1 adult cat (13).  My cat has never met another cat and has never been out of my apartment.  How should we introduce them?

well it is never easy to get cats to like each other they are very independent and territorial creatures. If space is too small you may find that you have some problems but lets look on the bright side. if you can introduce your cats calmly, slowly over a period of a week and perhaps eve get them used to each others scent before you move then you will stand a better chance of having a harmonious family.

Here is my web page about how to introduce cats and also about cat moving home for your information. i hope helps.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.