Cats/parents vs. cats

I'm trying to convince my parents to get a cat. They both think that cats are dirty and pee on walls and break things. I would like to know some info on cats that can back me up. Can they be trained to come, sit ect? and aren't cats good? Please help me!

how have your parents come to the conclusion that cats are destructive? it may be that they have either heard hearsay or have had experience in the past of a cat.

Every cat is different and their personalty range from fun and active to quiet and passive it all depends on their age and how they were brought up. you could get yourself a older cat that will be naturally more calm. Also if you rehome a cat from animal shelter the carers their can match you with a pet that has the right temperament for your home.

the best thing you can do is to find out as much as you can about cats so that you can answer your parents questions and worries. I have a cat website that covers many aspects of cat care etc perhaps you would like to read through it to get a better understanding of cats. here is my site

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.