Cats/pregnant cat

hi my cat is 57 days pregnant and she has been acting strange this last 24 hours, shes running up and down chasing anythink and everythink do you think shes ok theres no sign of the kittens yet, how long do you think it will be thank you

it could be that your cat is not far from giving birth as their behavior can change quite dramtically near the end from aggressive to over friendly and in your cats case a little crazy. Cats are pregnant for between 61 and 68 days so she could be near. As long as she is still eating and using the liter tray as normal i wouldn't worry.

Here is my web page about cat pregnancy it may help you with the whole process. /cat-in-heat.html

Best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.