Cats/sick kitten

Question
My friend found a kitten that some little kids were kicking and throwing in
water.  Well she asked me if I could get it well again.  So I took her, she looked
dehydrated so I gave her water and soft canned food, she ate and drank.  Her
temperature is low, her whole body is cold.  What I really need to know is if I can
give her penicillin?  Or is there some other medicine I can give her?

Answer
Hi
i am afraid you really do need to speak to a vet for this sort of advice. The problem is she may have internal damage from the kicking etc and only a vet will be able to tell, also any medication that may be required can only be obtained from a vet as it would be dangerous to give human medication to a cat or kitten as their bodies require different doses etc.

Best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth