Cats/sick kitten

My friend found a kitten that some little kids were kicking and throwing in
water.  Well she asked me if I could get it well again.  So I took her, she looked
dehydrated so I gave her water and soft canned food, she ate and drank.  Her
temperature is low, her whole body is cold.  What I really need to know is if I can
give her penicillin?  Or is there some other medicine I can give her?

i am afraid you really do need to speak to a vet for this sort of advice. The problem is she may have internal damage from the kicking etc and only a vet will be able to tell, also any medication that may be required can only be obtained from a vet as it would be dangerous to give human medication to a cat or kitten as their bodies require different doses etc.

Best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.