Cats/Behavior change

Question

We have 2 cats, both neutered. The cat in question is about 4 years and recently he started to go to the bathroom (#1), on caarpet and sometimes furniture. He #2's in the litter box. This has never happened before.
Both cats are indoor cats and well behaved.
Any suggestions as to why this is is occuring all of a sudden? Is there any spray or other "trick" I can use to discourage this?

Thanks for ANY help.......

Don

Answer
Hi
there is always a reason why a cat will start to do this, the trouble is discovering what the cause was. Cats can be upset by anything from small changes in the home to another cat in the area making them feel insecure. My best advice is to ask you to read my page about this problem and it's possible causes, this will help you to try an eliminate the source of the problem. Here is the page
/cat-urine.html

Unfortunately there are no little tricks to try and change the behavior as they are not being bad they are simply expressing their anxiety about a situation.

I hope you find the cause of the problem soon.

best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth