Cats/Bengal male with hind leg sores

I know your not an expert but I have a question because I cannot even get into make an appointment with my vet till Monday and I'm very worried. I have a pure blood Bengal male who will be 1 in September. My question is that yesterday my nephew came over and said my cat was bitten on his back leg when I looked on the joint of both his back legs are like sores there is no hair but looks something like what happens when you fall on cement but I can't tell if the skin is broken he wont let me look. I do have another cat a pure blood Himalayan female who is almost 4 years old not sure if that has anything to do with it but thought it might help could something be seriously wrong with him?? He is also a larger cat he isn't fat just big and broad.

your best bet is to keep in him in until you can get to see avet to avoid it getiing dirty etc outside. Alos try and bath it in some warm water.

That is all you can really do until a vet sees it. he may need some antibiotics and hopefully nothing is brocken or fractured and that it is either a nsty bite or scrape.

I hope all is well

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.