Cats/cat drooling

Question
My cat is one year old and in the last few days I have noticed that the area around his mouth is constantly wet with a clear gel-like substance. This has never happened before. His nose is also quite wet so I'm wondering if this might just be a cold? He has been eating normally and doesn't appear to have any discomfort in his mouth. Any ideas what this might be?

Leah

Answer
Hi
yes sounds like he might have a bit of a cold if his nose is wet too. Or he may have found some cat nip somewhere and has been having some fun with it, this can make cats drool a lot.

Keep an eye on him for any other possible symptoms of ill health like lack of appetite and sleeping more etc. In which case he may need some treatment from a vet. But hopefully it is nothing serious and will pass in  few days on its own.

best wishes
Kate
/cat-flu.html

Cats

Kate Tilmouth