Cats/keeping kitties

Can you keep one of the offspring of your cat? Female or Male?

i am not sure what you are asking. yes of course you can keep one of your cats kittens, either sex will be ok but they will have to be neutered after four months to prevent any inter breeding. Usually the advice is that you have a happier home with cats of different sexes as it tends to cause less friction between the cats.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.