Cats/kitten biting

Question
hi,
I have a 3 month old female kitten. I noticed that when I play with her, she sometimes bites my hand. its not painful but I noticed as she is growing her bite is getting more and more firm. Is that considered playing? I mean is she playing with me? or is she trying to injure me?
I am worried that this might accelerate as she grows and might injure me or someone in my family. any suggestions??

thanks in advance

Answer
Hi
best to nip this behavior in the bud before it becomes a learned behavior and it to become more of a problem when she gets older.

basically she is playing but as she gets bigger her bite will get stronger. It really isn't a good idea to let her play like this with your hand as she will consider this normal behavior and may bite someone else who may not be so forgiving.

My best advice is to ask you to read my web page about this behavior and how you can stop it happening. here is the link /aggressive-cat-behavior.html

hope it helps :)

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth