Cats/male cat

i have a 2yr old feline cat.there is a male cat who is constantly crying loudly outside my house.we have tried to shoo him away. how long will this behaviour carry on as im worried for the cat as the neighbours are not happy with the cat and i dont want to see any harm come to the cat.

i am assuming your female cat is not spayed and that is why the male cat is calling. If she is spayed then sometimes male cats will still call in the hope for some action as it were.

Unfortunately there is not much that can be done until the un spayed female cat is not in heat any more or the male cat finds another cat somewhere else.

You could try spraying them with water to ry and deter them but they can be very persisnent.

sorry i cannt give any other advice

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.