Cats/newborn kitten

My cat  just a had a litter of kittens a couple of days ago. While she was trying to move them she bit down to hard on one of them causing it to have a whole by one of its front arms. It cant use that arm at all it also wont eat. I have tried bottle feeding it and now I am giving it some kitten milk in a serange. It will take a little bit but not much. However i cant seem to get the bleeding to stop and when it does stop its only for a short time until the kitten moves around. Is there a chance this kitten will live?

you must get it to a vet as soon as possible, it is likely that a infection will flair up as a cats mouth contains lots of nasty bacteria, and this will need medication from a vet. A kittens immune system is non existent at the beginning and without treatment is likely not to survive.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.