Cats/prozac

Question
My vet just prescribed prozac for my male skittish cat.  I have another male cat as well that is very friendly that definitely does not need prozac.  So I need to be careful on how to feed "Max" his prozac.  The vet recommended to mix one capsule into 5 teaspoons of chicken baby food.  And when giving it to Max give the other cat one teaspoon on baby food without the prozac.  The only problem is I'm not getting results of either cat really wanting to eat it.  What other foods can I mix this capsule with?

Answer
Hi
so the prozac is in capsules that can be swallowed? if this is the case then their little pouches you can buy called pill pouches which allow you to put the pill inside and the cats eats it without realizing the pill is there.
Alternatively you could try to administer the pill yourself, it is not as difficult as it first seems you just need to be confident and quick, i have some instructions for doing this here /cat-first-aid.html

Try some of their favorite foods and hide the pill inside (it does depend on the size of the pill and whether it is in solid form and can be broken up into small pieces of if it is in powder food and can be mixed in. Any really smelly food will help the pill go down as it were, as cats can't resist really smelly food like fish.

best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth