Cats/spayed female

My spayed female cat likes to carry around a toy and make a low moaning noise while carrying it.  She likes to bring it my bed and sleep with it.  She only does this with one toy.  We call it her baby.  Why does she do this?  Could she think this is her baby she never had?

i have heard of this behavior before and indeed my own male cat used to do this too. I really don't think that it has anything to do with it being her baby, that is a human association not a cats. It is more likely just a favorite toy and the low growling noise is her way of telling everyone to back off and not to try and take her toy.

At the end of the day no one really knows what is going on in our furry friends head and so we just have to love them and their funny little ways.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.