Cats/Cat has 2 bags

Dear Kate

My cat is heavily pregnant and i've been waiting for her to give birth. She let me touch her stomach all day yesterday and is werid in the way that that's very intermitant, usually if u go to touch she won't let you, which i can understand with her being pregnant and all. However, when i did touch her belly at the lower abdomen near maybe about 3 inchs off the vulva i noticed she has 2 rather big, non visible, but touchable, lumps almost like bags. I was just wondering if this is where she stores milk? OR should i be concerned to be fair she's not acting ill or anything just pregnant and i took her to the vet a couple of days ago for a check up and he said she's fine. I just found it very strange.

Thanx for your help in advance :)

Denis Gallacher

I wouldn't worry too much. If you have taken her to the vets recently he would have had a good feel around and he would have noticed anything strange.
Don't worry i know it can be anxious time for us owners too but let nature take its course and just keep an eye out for any signs of ill health ie not eating or going to the toilet etc. However I'm sure once the kittens are born all will settle down.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.