Cats/New Home

I have a cat that is an outdoor cat and I am moving soon and my cat will need to become an indoor cat. How can I help with the transition, and also how can i prevent him form marking his territory in my new home?

if your cat is neutered he won't spray to mark his territory. As for helping your cat adjust to an inside life (not always easy if they are sued to being outside) i have a web page i wrote to help people keep their indoor cats as happy as possible here /indoor-cats.html.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.